“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
~Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 3, 2008

Oregon Coast Reunion

This past weekend has been one of the most rejuvenating times of my life. I read my emails from Kristi and Emily and it just made me cry again. (although that's not too hard to do huh?) I came home feeling so full of new energy which is what I needed so bad. Let's use this blog to as a support to each other. Let's share ideas, concerns, recipes, pictures, disappointments, frustrations, quotes, books and anything else we can think of.
I want to start by saying thanks to all of you for an INCREDIBLE weekend. I knew it would be fun but I had no idea just how wonderful it would be. Now I am excited for a yearly weekend getaway. I was telling Emily how great it was to all be together as a group and how great it was to feel like I was able to have 1 on 1 time with each of you too. You each have a spec ail quality that I am hoping will rub off on me. Molly for you it is that fact that you are like Kristi said a "ROCK" ...you are grounded and "wired" :O)so well. I always want to be better after I am with you. Emily, For you it is your ability to walk into the room and just light up every one's life. You have always been able to know how to bring laughter and fun, you are THE funnest person. Kristi, For you , you have always been a friend that truly cares for people and wants the best for them. You have a heart that is so big that I am afraid it might bust! And Steph for you it has always been your ability to be constantly positive and loyal no matter what the situation and like Em your sense of humor is irreplaceable. I could go on and on about all the other qualities that I love about you but I just wanted to tell you the ones that I am working on thanks to you all. It was a great weekend I am so excited for this blog to keep in touch better.
I love you all........

2 comments:

Molly said...

Ang- I hope you understand how many times I've thought about you and wondered if I could ever have the struggles you have had and still turn out to be so strong, caring and fun all at the same time. Love you!

Kristi said...

Angie,

Thanks for your kind words. I have so much respect and admiration for you. I can't imagine moving across the country, joining the church and starting a whole new life. You are a brave soul. You are a bundle of energy and fun. You were always up for new adventures and many times, made me branch out of my comfort zone in good ways.You're also just the cutest thing, girl!

Kristi