“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
~Nelson Mandela

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Not So Pretty Pet


Hi Ladies
Today was the day I got my Pet Scan. I went and was there for two and a half hours. Needless to say it was not easy as I am claustrophobic and paniced a few times. I had to sit in a dark room by myself for 45 minutes after they injected the stuff and told me not to move and try to zone out and not think......yeah that's pretty much impossible for me to not think. I have to say that as much as I hated and I am glad it is done. I would close my eyes and think of Jake, the kids and my good friends. My friend Jen drove me and picked me up when I was done and I looked like crap..it's amazing what stress will do to you.
Anyway, thank you all for the emails and calls. I appreciate it. I know I keep saying this but I really have a new outlook on things and I am going to deal with the big anxiety in full force.
I have loved being in touch this past week it has seriously made my week. Steph, I about busted a gut at your email...seriously how are you so stinking witty? There is nothing better than a great laugh! Emily, I can't wait to come see you in your play.
Well, not to be a blog hog or anything but I am going to add a playlist on our sidebar with some Logan Lady tunes.
I had to put on the picture of Ellie and her outfit that I was talking to one of you about. She came up with this outfit and I about died it was so cute. That's my hat, Molly's shirt and her shoes and shorts. After a day like today it made me smile!
Take Care

1 comment:

meegz said...

Angie -
LOVE Ellie's outfit -- you have such a cute family!! Most days I'm jealous -- but it's all good!:)
Take care -- I'm gonna keep on reminding you of the "turned leaf" Let's just turn it once this time!:)