“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
~Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thanks Angie B.!

Angie,

Thanks for all your time and efforts to put this Logan Ladies blog together. You are so creative. It looks amazing. I loved your quotes, words, pics. linked sites, etc.

This will be a great way for us to do just what you said, Angie, give support, tell our frustrations, get advice, share recipes, quotes, fun stories and more! I can't wait to do that with all of you!

I saw two quotes on home made signs at my friend's house today. I thought, right on, and wanted to share them with you.

"Trials and tribulations are mandatory, sorrow and despair are not!"

"A clean house is time misspent!"

I also was also was listening to a cd today that is one of my favorites. I forgot to name it last weekend. The artist is, Mat Kearney. The album is titled, Nothing Left to Lose. I was going to tell you my favorite song on there, but I honestly can't decide. They are ALL good. So, check it out!

Alright my kids are hanging on me and needing a little attention.

Have a terrific taco Tuesday! Remember those Taco John's adds, Molly in Pocatello...."Taco Tuesday, Taco Tuesday, two tacos for 99 cents!"

Love you girls,

Kristi

4 comments:

Molly said...

Kristi- I keep thinking about how you and Emily thought I had moved on. I feel so bad. Here I was thinking the same thing about you. I remember thinking "well, we had some really fun times. She was a really good friend but I guess that's what happens." Let's not let it happen again. That's what I called about yesterday. So.... how's the purse oops I think they're referred to as handbags!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Kristi and Molly...If these test results come back o.k. the first thing I am doing is signing up for the race and paying my money. Who knows if I will be able to do the whole thing but I am going to try!! I am super excited.

Kristi said...

Ya, Ogden 1/2 it's on! Molly said we should all wear matching t-shirts. I think that is really lame, but I'll do it if you guys do. Just kidding! I would love to do it. I am totally in for that! We need to come up with a purpose for running, you know, kind of like, dedicate this run to someone or something....am I cheezy or what? Any ideas??

Emily said...

Hey Ladies! this cite is so awesome. Ang-you did such a good job! Thanks so much for setting it up. I have spent this evening looking over everything on the blog. I am feeling so happy and grateful to have such wonderful friends. Ang...those things you said about each of us were so nice. I had to grab my tissues just to get through it all. You are so thoughtful. I agree with what you said about everyone. Everyone has unique things that they bring to the friendship. We wouldn't be the same with out you in our lives Ang! I am so happy that we met at RDC and that you joined us in Logan! I can't imagine my life without you in it!
I am looking forward to seeing you all in the next few months. Good luck training for the marathon! you all inspire me to be better (especially when I see all your cute butts in those jeans). You all look spectacular. You all get better with age! My mom said to say hi! she misses you all and loves you all. Have a wonderful week. I'll be in touch again soon! ~Em
P.S. the slide show is phenominal!