“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
~Nelson Mandela

Saturday, March 29, 2008

BFFs

Just wanted to share something real quick. I had a conversation with one of my running friends this morning and it got me thinking. We got on the subject of friends from high school and college. She commented that she'd had nice friends and roommates but she felt like they were there just to kind of get her through until she found the right man that she was supposed to marry. I(of course) told her how I felt differently about my friends. That the few good friends that I have from H.S. and college are meant to be my friends for life. True BFF s! You all are truly a blessing. Hopefully we'll all see each other in May!

1 comment:

Ellie McFreaken said...

Molly..I hear ya...Ya'll are my FAMILY! You guys are stuck with me!