“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
~Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What to read???

Hey girls,

Have you read The Confessions of a Slacker Mom by Muffy Mead-Ferro? It is a fun, short and easy read. I knew I was a slacker mom, but she makes you feel like it is A-o.k and that the type A, everything and everyone has to be perfect moms, are just darn right ridiculous! I would recommend it! I was looking at our list of reads. There are so many to choose from. I would love some input on what to read next! Please tell me which book you think is a must read! Fill me in on what you are all reading now! Happy reading!

Loves....Kristi

5 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

Kristi...Hey I am readingthe book you reccomended You can feel good again. I LOVE it!!!!
I am also reading the 5 languages of Love. Very interesting. I have learned abit about how my kids are different and how they need love shown for them.
I want to read The Pillars of the Earth. Have you read that? If not let's all read it together. I have heard it is amazing!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Man I can't spell!

Molly said...

Kristi- I finally finished The Education of Little Tree. I laughed and cried throughout the whole thing. I think because we had Stella(who was apache/cherokee) live with us for so many years, I've been a little more aware and sensitive to Native American struggles. This book really made me appreciate how much they loved the land and and took care of it. I'm in for Pillar of the Earth.

Kristi said...

Girls,

Are we living the same life in different cities or what? I was just talking to my sister-in-law yesterday and she told me to read, Pillars of the Earth. She said it is amazing how the author writes about these characters who come full circle and intertwine with another. She said she loved it. I think it would be awesome for us to all read it together. This way we can chat about it. Now, I heard it was 1,000 pages or so. I must warn you, although I love to read, I am a SLOW reader. But, I will try to stay up with ya all. So, maybe Em and Steph will join and we can all start as soon as we get the books. What do you say?

Angie, I still thumb through that book, You can feel good again. I too think it is great and gives such great advice on positive thinking. I am glad you like it.

Molly, I am so glad you read that book. It is one of my all time favorites. I remember Stella. She was so much fun.

So, how is your running going girls? I have 12 tomorrow! I am nervous. So, I had a goal to run this half in 2 hours. This entire time I thought my average pace needed to be 9:20. I just found out it has to be 9. I am freaking out. I don't know if I can do it. My average pace on long runs is about 9:30. Ahhh!! Oh, well. I will just run and see what happens. Fill me in on you guys.

Loves....kristi

Steph said...

Hey all,
This is my first visit to the page and I am not sure what I am doing. I have read the book pillars of the earth and I loved it. You will all like it. I am writing a short little blob to see if this will work.
love to you all
steph